Inria de Paris, 2 rue Simone Iff, CS 42112, 75589 Paris Cédex 12
My research interests include Human Mobility models, Complex Systems, Network Science, Natural Language Processing, Big Data, Wireless Networks, CrowdSourcing, middleware to name a few.
- EU H2020 FIESTA-IoT project that is acronymed for Federated Interoperable Semantic IoT/cloud Testbeds and Applications. The FIESTA-IoT project works on integrating IoT platforms, testbeds and associated silo applications.
- PI from Inria side in Inria DRI/DST-CEFIPRA Associate Team Sarathi that aims to developing a personalized mobility service platform for urban travelers in emerging markets
- An EIT ICT Labs activity called 3cixty that enable people to instantaneously access reconciled information (including crowdsourced information) about a city with a personalized view. 3cixty can also be accessed via https://www.3cixty.com.
- Development of an application platform for citywide and countrywide transport information management relying on mobile social crowd-sensing while taking into account the particular context and constraints in a region (part of D4D Challenge 2015).
I am currently a Post doc at Inria Paris-Rocquencourt, and associated to the MiMove research team, which is the successor of the ARLES team. Prior to joining Inria, I received an engineering degree from Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Masters of Science degree in Computer Science from University of North Carolina at Charlotte and a Ph.D. in Computer Science and Telecommunications from University of Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris, with the lab situated at Telecom SudParis, Evry under the Guidance of Professor Monique Becker and Dr. Vincent Gauthier. My thesis title was Towards Enhancing Information Dissemination in Wireless Networks.
- French Embassy Rio De Janerio travel grant to visit FGV.
- Winner of Semantic Web Challenge 2015.
- Recipient of the EDITE Doctoral fellowship at University of Pierre and Marie Curie, Paris France, 2010 – 2013.
- Second prize in a hackathon, “8 hour Start Up Competition”, hosted by the Department of Software and Information Systems at University of North Carolina at Charlotte, April 11th, 2008.
- Master’s Course (2017), “Network Science” at Fundacao Getulio Vargas (FGV), Rio De Janerio, Brazil
- Master’s Course (2016, 2017), “Gestion de données ambiantes et internet des objets” at Universitè de Versailles Saint Quentin-en-Yvelines
Advanced and Trusted Internet of Things and Smart City Track in 12th IEEE International Conference on Advanced and Trusted Computing (ATC 2015), Beijing, China, August 10-14, 2015.
- R. Agarwal, S. Chopra, “Ile-De-France Stations“, August 2018.
- (Public Release) R. Agarwal, FIESTA-IoT Experimentation Execution API, 2017
- (Public Release) R. Agarwal, D. Gomez, T. Elsaleh, L. Sanchez, A. Gyrard, J. Lanza, “FIESTA-IoT Ontology“, 2017
- (Public Release) R. Agarwal, D. Gomez, T. Elsaleh, L. Sanchez, A. Gyrard, J. Lanza, “M3-Lite Taxonomy“, 2017
- (Public Release) D. Gupta, R. Agarwal, “Delhi Fishnet“, January 2017.
- (Public Release) D. Gupta, R. Agarwal, “Ile-de-France Fishnet“, November 2016.
- (Beta release) G. Bajaj, G. Bouloukakis, R. Agarwal, A. Pathak, P. Singh, MetroCognition App, Feb 2016
- (Public Release) C. K. Nguyen, R. Agarwal, A. Pathak, QueryManager, May 2015.
- (Public Release) V. Gauthier, R. Agarwal, Simulation for Large Scale Model for Information Dissemination within Device to Device Network, Release V0.6, December 2014.
- Extracting mobility information from CDRs and using it towards achieving enhanced dissemination in wireless networks‘, EMAp FGV seminar, 3 August 2017, Rio De Janerio, Brazil.
- Simulating Large-Scale Participatory Sensed from Representative Set and its Use in Rapid Transit System, BIS 2016 workshop, 8-10 June, Paris, France.
- Achieving enhanced information dissemination on a large scale in wireless networks using mobility information extracted from Call Detail Records, Workshop Berkley-Inria-Stanford 2014, Paris France, 18th June 2014.
- Understanding human mobility using CDRs and using it towards enhancing information dissemination, Smart Networks Round table, India-France Summit, New Delhi, Oct 2013.
- Enhancing Information Dissemination in Device to Device Metapopulation using Human Mobility Trace and Beamforming, DigiCosme Research Day, Universite Paris-Sud, Paris, July 2013.
- Self-Organization of Wireless Ad Hoc Networks as Small Worlds Using Long Range Directional Beams, The Int. Conference on Wireless and Mobile Communication Networks, Paris, Oct 2011.
- Self-organization of Nodes using Bio-Inspired Techniques for Achieving Small World Properties, The Int. Conference on Wireless and Mobile Communication Networks, Paris, Oct 2011